Friday 16 May 2008

Ya ya Returns to Zurich and Cake gets Thrown Everywhere

Photobucket

Kisses and hugs and tears

Ya ya returns!!!

where the hell is she?

This is Cate waiting for her ya ya (aunt Allyson) to come back to Switzerland. She really hates the sign...but her mom is making her hold it anyway. Ya ya finally made it, mommy was the one left holding the sign, but everyone was happy to see each other.

Now onto the reality of coming back to inhabit the same space with children after you've been gone for a few months:

Ally came to playgroup today to help me lug a hummer of a stroller with a combined wieght of fifty pounds. Then onto shopping. All I have been craving for two days is this cake I found here...I have no idea what it is called...but the icing is green and it's filled with custard, which is all I really require in life. We're at the market, THE cake is in my hands, and before I know it, cate has picked up a stupid chocolate cake of her own and heaved it to the floor. Ally now has cake all over her pants and feet and of course, every swiss person in the Migros has witnessed the entire melee. So, I ended up buying half a freakin messed up chocolate cake instead of my custard one.

I guess it's been an ok day. That cake better taste damn good. And Cate isn't getting any! jk Pretty soon it will be 5 and I will have a glass of wine in my hand, sitting on my swiss balcony, nibbling on pizza, and my custard cake will be just a memory. Till next week, sweet cake, till next week. Here's to hoping the cake comes out of ya ya's pants.

1 comment:

Rick Longstreet said...

I love reading everything you write. I love the part about the cake :)