Monday 30 June 2008

A Word on Multicultural Construction Outside My Flat

This is what's going on outside my flat.....I mean RIGHT outside my window...everyday.

Photobucket

I don't even know what this does...

Photobucket

I don't even know what this guy is supposed to be doing, but we see a lot of this behavior all day long.

Photobucket
Must be break-time....again

So these guys are buiding three new tunnels and tracks to the Zurich Main Station right below us. The project is going to take three years. At the rate they seem to be moving at, I'll bet money it's going to longer...much longer.

The greatest part of all this...besides the amount of noise streaming through our windows mon-fri 7am-5pm...they're all different nationalities.

The workers fly their Portuguese, Spanish, German, Swiss and Italian flags with pride on all their machinery. My question is: how are they communicating with one another to get this job done? The one thing they all know how to do in the same language is make noise...noise that you still hear in you ears after they have stopped for the day ....I suppose that's a universal language.

Photobucket

Said supposed "tunnel"

Photobucket

Do you have a flag????? No flag, No crane.

2 comments:

Rick Longstreet said...

Nice! Great pictures by the way

AP said...

of course they're taking a break.. they're italian. ciaoooo.