Tuesday 8 July 2008

Rick is Sleep Deprived & My Little Pony

So our three year old, Cate, has about a dozen My Little Ponies....big ones, small ones..(this blog has nothing to do with living in Switzerland, BTW. But it is about how having kids makes you completely crazy)

Each pony has its own name...and you're supposed to guess this name by an encryption on the pony's ass. These little symbols mean nothing to most parents. They make no sense to anyone above the age of four. (except Rick) They are mostly flowers and lolipops and ribbons. I know Flippity Flops name only because the symbol on her butt cheek is a pair of flip flops.

This morning (7amish) found me and Rick arguing over who is who. He claims he tells them apart through process of elimination. He has gotten all of them right, when we start to argue over Breezy Dreams true identity. Meanwhile, the three year old is standing between us confused and dismayed that she can't get her ponies away from her parents. At this point, Rick has accused me of hiding one pony to make his process of elimination faulty. (She had rolled under the couch, I swear).

First of all, the supposed breezy dreams has rainbow hair and the symbol on her butt is a flower...tell me how that means "breezy dreams". This is my argument. Rick has had enough and springs off the couch to google the pony. I have to take leave to the powder room. With the door shut, I hear a muffled "A ha!" from down the hall. Then a tap tap tap at my door while I'm finishing up. "Yes????"

"Did you know that there is a pony identification website???" He says.

"I had no idea."

He's waiting for me on the other side of the door, wiggling his finger at me to follow him. Sure enough, the pony in question is waiting for me on the computer and her name really is Breezy Dreams.

To which I say: Rick, you are sleeping in, tomorrow.

3 comments:

Rick Longstreet said...

I'm not going crazy, really!!!
Thanks for the laughs this morning though :)

E-Dubs said...

Ha!

AP said...

but you WOULD hide the pony to make the process of elimination that much harder!