Sunday 10 August 2008

Some things I miss, Some things I don't.

So, the summer is almost over. Even in Switzerland, where the sun doesn't set until 10pmish. And I can't believe that I'm missing the Jersey Shore.

Not Seaside or Long Beach Island...my hair stands on end just thinking of those places.

I miss Ocean City and Avon. I miss coming off the highway and smelling the beach before I could see it. My dad would crack a joke about this saying that his toilet smells the same way. I love that smell. (Not the toilet one, the other one.)

That's about one of the only things on my short list that I do miss. The others being friends, family and Abby...my dog, my love, my big hyper drooling mess of yellow hair who looks very scary but wouldn't know how to hurt someone in self defence, even.

I don't miss Jersey humidity...not a friend to the curly-haired girl. Or the driving, or supersized EVERYTHING...being supermarkets, walmarts, and home depots, or coke's at Wendy's. I'm short. Super sized stuff gives me anxiety.

I surprisingly do not miss TV...my biggest vice...and tool of satan especially crafted for the sometimes known to be lazy Libra. Oh, and Jersey Mommy and Me playgroups...which I mistakenly thought were really for the kids and not a petty, caddy social hour for moms in full make up at 8am. Guess who felt out of place showing up after just rolling out of bed and still trying to get the toothpaste off of Cate's face with some spit?

I did meet Alyson and her little Lauren at a playgroup. And together we bonded by making fun of everyone else....sorry ladies. And I can't wait to get back home and do that all over again!

That's it. I had a thought today about how I missed the beach and it turned into some other things too by the end of the day. Which has been and gone and is time to put to rest.

1 comment:

Rick Longstreet said...

I do hope the beaches in Spain will help cure your need for the Jersey shore :)