Saturday 6 September 2008

Ally's Gone, Dad is Gone..it was the best of times, it was the worst of times

There has been little to no blogging. Yes...this I know. We've had two extraordinary weeks of family visitation....way more important than upkeeping a blog.

Plus, I am now totally addicted to scramble on Facebook so all my free time, when I should be mothering my children, is naturally spent unscrambling scramble.

In short, I am exhausted. Two weeks of the Uteliberg, the Lindenhof, the Short Round Trip on the ferry, seizing more chocolate at the Lindt store, Luzern and of course, downtown. Not to mention Uncle Mike's four hour lunches and dinners and too many bottles of red wine to even begin counting.

Good times.

Except now I am mourning the loss of my father to Jersey. Upon dropping him off at the airport I did what any sad daddy's girl would do: immediately found the nearest Bata shoe store and came home with new flats and a bag. My newfound happiness got me through until lunch time, which is when I began crying into my lunch. Rick immediately put me down for a nap and stepped into rock mode...taking care of all daily matters until I felt better.

A little red wine was all it took and some whining on the phone to my sister and mom.

Dare I say, I think I may be ready to come home?

No comments: