Tuesday 29 April 2008

Why a Beautiful Noise?

Some might be wondering about the allusion to the Neil Diamond tune as the title of my blog. (And I dare to find amongst any of you one who does not hold at least one Neil Diamond song to heart.)

When I can't remember if I have brushed my teeth...when I undress only to find I have put my underwear on backwards, and when i shower but forget to wash...That's right, I just kind of stand there staring into space with the water running wondering how the hell I am going to pull off this day...when these days are upon me, it's the sound of my Cate and Sean that get me through one more moment. They are my beautiful noise that keeps my going second by second. Along with a heaping cocktail of drugs and a tiny glass of wine at night. Also not to forget the yoga. But that laughter, those running footsteps, those never ending three year old questions that could split your gut with laughter...my beautiful noise I am blessed with, that will see me through this.

No comments: