Thursday 29 May 2008

The Return

So, we're back from Florence and Rome...how do I feel about this? I like making lists. That will be my plan of attack for the majority of this post:

Rome:
1. Ruins and Forum: excellent. Thank god that wall is there around them, because I tripped and almost took a header into the centuries old rock pit.

2. St. Peter's Sqaure: also excellent. Something you should see while still alive. No sightings of the pope. Not that I'm upset about missing out on meeting a ex-hitler youth.

Those were the main things we saw in Rome. Bought a Rosary and accosted a priest on the street and demanded that he bless them. I don't pray the rosary, but my grandmother did and I figured I might need them someday...like on my deathbed.

We mainly wondered around Florence and came upon wonderous things one at a time...like you do in Europe. Everything belonged once to the Medici. More of a laid back feeling. People sooooooooo friendly. Especially when you run over their feet with a hummer of a stroller and they apologize like it's their fault. In Zurich, if you do this you better be wearing your sneakers b/c you might be getting some swiss spit on you.

Climbed the stairs of the Domo and now I can say I saw ALL of Florence.

Ok, now what it's like to travel with small children:

I would say any child under the age of one is cake. The three year old is a completely different ball of wax. I have an entire collection of photos of just Cate throwing a tantrum.

All in all, it was a great trip. A trip that that had to be taken. Another notch in the belt of a would be world traveller. And another piercing.

Oh, one more thing Italy: 2 words: Street Cleaners.

No comments: