Friday 4 July 2008

Short Short Jean Shorts & The Ting Tings

This week, and the past, as the weather soared here in Zurich to a sweltering 35 degrees c....I learned something about European fashion and my usual flawless ability to hone in with my gaydar. (I wish there was a better word for this)...but I don't want to say..."and usual flawless ability to pick out gays"...but I guess I said it anyway so you know what I mean.

What I'm getting at it is sometimes (most times in Europe) when a man is wearing really tight short jean shorts he's not necessarily gay....he's just European....and trying to cool off.

Sorry I don't have any pics of this phenomenon but I do have pictures of Sean getting stuck under the kitchen table.

Photobucket We found him here after a short search of the flat. He's pretty fast with the army crawl.

On a musical note: I think I really like the Ting Tings (We Started Nothing)..So you should like them too before they hit mainstream America and their imagination and talent goes down the toilet...thanks to the usual Radio Recipe.

So I would describe them as Debbie Harry meets Modest Mouse meets Joan Jett but in a really hip rockin way. Get me? Still, they are no Dave Grohl. But for me to reccomend a band, for those who know me, is a pretty big deal. ( God, I love Joan Jett)

Anyway, the lead singer is a really adorable blonde, so it's only a matter of time before the big THEY lure her into Britneyhood with $$$ and Vicodin.

The Ting Tings. Go.

No comments: