Monday 13 October 2008

Spain: Day 4

Despite some run-ins with bad tempered weather, we seem to be having a great time when all is said and done. ....Cate in particular. What was originally planned as my birthday get-away, has turned into a three-year old's dream vacation. .....swimming, playgrounding, cartoons all day long when the weather is crappy. Sean still remains miserable most of the time. I've come to the conclusion, he's not fond of Spain....or it could be his molars....or possibly both.

Yesterday we taxied into the old town of Marbella. Very quaint. Until we wandered a little too much out of the old town and things had the possibility of getting hairy. I'm ethnic-looking enough. We blended.

Today is a bank holiday...Columbus day. Nothing is open so it seems I'll be getting a massage or something around nap time. Tomorrow is the big day. The day I join the 31 club. We'll be in Gibralter with the monkeys. Can't wait! And then possibly we'll be following in the footsteps of Picasso Wed or Thurs.

I wish I could upload some of the pictures we have taken so far, but uploading takes forever in the villa. Be on the look out for a Marbella montage once we get back home to Zurich.

Isn't that something? How I consider Zurich home? Even in Spain, I miss it. Rick says the same. I know going back to the States is going to a difficult time for all of us. I think we are Swiss forever, now....if they'll have us.

All this time, I thought I was a beach type person. Turns out nothing compares to the mountains of forrest I get to see everyday outside my living room window.

No comments: