Wednesday 11 June 2008

Flat Irons, Blowdryers, Wet Towels, and no Sex

I'll call this one a companion to the post before it...poor Rick.

Walking home in the rain from dinner last night at Mama Mia's...a real hotspot here in Oerlikon...we stop and get Rick his favorite dessert: vanilla ice cream with some caramel....the caramel is a very important element to the story.

I can't remember exactly what brought upon his almost epileptic outburst but very suddenly I was witnessing a man becoming overwhelmed by so many women issues that the caramel was dribbling from his chin as we stood there in the rain.

Terms such as "sorority house" were being thrown at me. As well as "Everytime I go into the bathroom the toilet paper is gone, and all the towels are soaked!!!! What do you girls do in there??? I'm tripping over shoes, flat irons, and blowdryers all over the place!!!!"

Please keep in mind that we are standing in the rain with melting ice cream. And then he hits me with this....of course

"....and I'm not even getting any sex!!!" By this point, I still haven't gotten a word in yet. I sheepishly open my mouth to make up some kind of excuse for my lack of physical affection but I'm cut off. He's on a roll and there is no stopping him.

"....and I give up!!!" His declares to me ...throwing his arms out to the side and a stream of caramel flying over his shoulder.

"...I'm not trying to get any, anymore! I'm done. That's it! "

To which I say " Ok. Can we still be friends?"

2 comments:

Rick Longstreet said...

I honestly had to leave my desk because I was laughing way to hard! You nailed it though!

E-Dubs said...

haha. it appears i left just in time.